View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: When should I get rakeback (if at all?)

[ QUOTE ]
So what's the point where it becomes more profitable to get rakeback on a site, rather than just bonus whore it up everywhere I can?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is simple. Going for bonuses is a horrible grind, and there is no guarantee of profit. How many times have you spent hours trying to clear a $100 bonus only to lose $150 in the process? But the important point is that going for bonuses is for little girls. Oh sure, you can make a couple hundered bucks here and there and it MIGHT be a good idea for someone just starting out, living at home, with no expenses, but if you are trying to make a living what are you going to do with a couple hundered bucks?

Going for bonuses is torture. How much is your time worth? If you're a real player, getting rake back is like a second, but smaller, paycheck that just keeps piling up without having to clear anything, AND you can go for the bonuses on top of that without worrying whether you clear them or not. If you do you do, if you don't, big deal.

Besides, if you're not playing at least 10-20 how much money are you really making playing poker online?

You can't beat the small games for much no matter what all of the latest retard books have to say about it.

I know, I know, there are thousands of 2+2ers four and eight tabling 3-6 for 50K a year. LOL.

It's so easy.