View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Did Arnie Really Deserve This?

"China (Russia as well) gets away with a lot of human rights abuses since the focus has been on the middle east and the US, I agree on that."

I think the reason we get such a hard time is because people have a high opinion of us, whereas they have given up on the other two.

Alot of times too I feel people expect far too much out of us.

We aren't suppose to send troops all over the world, but we are suppose to provide all the manpower for peacekeeping and police Darfur.

We aren't suppose to use oil or be capitalists, but we are suppose to buy everyone elses goods so thier economies can grow.

We aren't suppose to impose our believes, but we are suppose to enforce human rights.

Mostly, you just get the impression that other countries talk about doing things while we are suppose to actually do it. People talk about Darfur, but the US is expected to actually do it. People talked about Kuwait, but the US did most of the heavy lifting. If Taiwan is invaded or Kim John goes crazy or something else happens everyone else will talk about what should be done while we are expected to actually do something. When you are constantly criticized no matter what course of action you take you just want to say [censored] it all.