View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Question about Negreanu and props

[ QUOTE ]
My opinion of DN is generally positive -- I'm not trying to bash him or start a whining/ranting thread but I'm sort of curious about one of his recent blog posts:

[ QUOTE ]
I just love it. I used to watch these guys play props and think to myself, "These guys are nuts, how can they concentrate on the poker?"

Well, now I know. When you are playing props it forces you to pay attention to the action so that you don't miss anything. That helps you subconsciously as your brain collects more data than it would if you were not paying full attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, now this made sense to me until the following line:

[ QUOTE ]

It got worse from there, though, as after about 2 hours I was stuck $180,000 in props, and another $140,000 in the poker game.

Frankly, I don't remember any interesting hands from the evening as my mind was so focused on the props and the poker. I didn't make any mental notes thinking, "This would be good for the blog."

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because he doesn't remember any interesting hands doesn't mean he wasn't focused during the time of those hands. There's also the fact that those hands were NOT interesting to Daniel, hence the fact that he probably doesn't remember them. The hands that ARE interesting, I'm sure he remember.