View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: AQs OTB vs total nut

[ QUOTE ]
preflop is a no brainer

post flop, this one of those spots only really you can answer because only you know how big a nut he was. Some nuts this is a cap every street hand, others you slow down where you did.

The important thing here is to not play these situations by some number (well I stop at 3 bets on the turn, etc) and make sure you to evaluate the decision purely on how your opponent plays, and not let fear or the size of the pot, or even his suckiness blind you to what the best course of action is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is right on the money. Flop raise to isolate is pefect and then turn/river its read. Is this a nut that will bet/raise any pair or does he have to have 2 pair to 3 bet the turn and river? I think that I miss too many value bets against wild opponents because I think "no way anyone pushes this hand that way without 2 pair or better" only be shown middle pair weak kicker after I just called the river raise.

I'm capping the turn and raising/calling a 3 bet on the river unless I know enough about villain to know that can do this with anything.

FishNChips