View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: 55: Big Stacks Duel on the Bubble

[ QUOTE ]
These types of hands I tend to play more passively because I really have no intention of playing a big pot with another big stack. Since the flop has no draws I'm more likely to just check/call, then lead turn something like 1/2-2/3 pot, if raised there then I'd make the decision to call and block river or just fold turn. Since pot flop is 675, and u check/called 150, it would have been 975 on turn where u could bet 575 or so and another 900 or so on the river. This line would use about half your total stack all the way until the river and gives you 2 streets where you could fold. I honestly think the flop c/r is one of the worst options as you're bloating the pot OOP with really no idea where you're at, in addition to not getting value from whatever he's holding as only his strongest hands that beat you are going to stay in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to note the other day that theusher strategy posts should go on a milk carton, but I didn't want the crazy lookin' bald guy mad at me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think he nailed this one, post more please! The flop c/r really makes this hand a bitch.