View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: The Quick Call ???

imo, trying to manipulate your opponent w/ the speed of your calls will get noticed. i just try to keep all my calls the same, although thats impossible due to multitabling...so the difference in my call speeds is pretty random.

as far as what it means, enon told me once i have a tell in live play. we were playing 40/80 and after the session he said that when i "quick call" the turn i intend to fold the river. meaning that my quick call was meant to stop a river bluff b/c iw anted to see a SD but not for another bet.

this is kinda the opposite of what your friend's description of the effect of a quick call vs. jdags would have been. your friend's generalization about what a quick call means w/o knowing the person may be correct. but its more than likely dangerous because you dont know what it means to jdags.

it could be the kind of quick call i described vs. enon, or it could mean something else. w/ AK there 3 handed on that board though i dont care about the speed of his call, we're seeing a SD a vast majority of the time.

Barron