View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: It must be \'Two Overpairs\' Time

numeri, Wookie's right, CS = calling station. Sorry that wasn't clear since it's important to the read.

As for my read on BB, I should have also said that he will continue to bet his TP on the turn if no one shows aggression, regardless of the turn card. I saw enough hands where this occurred that I was confident he would bet the turn for me, even with a marginal holding. That is why I thought I'd be able to trap the whole field for two on the turn.

I realize that raising PF is the 'default' play here, and by not doing so, I give up some EV. But by under-representing my hand I think that I am able to regain that EV and more when the flop hits me (e.g. misses everyone else). I felt like I could get more value out of the hand by just limping PF, given the soft table. I would be interested to hear your thoughts in that regard.

At the time, I felt that I could build a much larger pot than if I had just raised PF and bet every street. Now I see that it is closer than I thoght.

Preflop: I raise, everyone calls (a reasonable assumption), for 8 SB
Flop: I bet, BB and Button call, making it 11 SB.
I do not know if UTG would have called here, I believe he would have folded if I had shown that much strength.
Turn: I bet, BB and Button call, making it 8.5 BB.
River: I bet, BB calls, Button folds a busted flush or overcard draw, maing it 10.5 BB

The pot was 12 BB as I played it, so even if UTG calls the flop, that still leaves the raise, bet, bet, bet line one BB shy of the line I took.

So I guess my question is, assuming my line is worth 1 BB more, how appreciable a difference is that, given that I can't assume that BB will hit the flop enough to bet it for me, etc.?