View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: XMas in January! JoeU to Commerce 1/14

Joe:

Fun Commerce tips from a fellow FW 4-8 player:

1. Bring your cell-phone and talk all you want at the table - no FW ban!!

2. Practice your chip stacking techniques playing 4-8 with $1 chips - no $2 chips in this cardroom.

3. Order a fruit flavored "Boba milk tea" from woman pushing a cart and yelling what sounds like "Bubba Milty".

4. Order dinner from a menu (multi-national) that makes FW table dining look like a school cafeteria.

5. Learn the bad beat jackpot rules. The one rule I remember is never check the river if you think the jackpot is in play, someone must call a bet to qualify.

6. Rent a car so you can check out the Bike a few short miles away. Stay on the highway between LAX and the Commerce - no friendly Pequots in those neighborhoods.

7. Tip anyone who gets you anything - chip runner, food waiter (who is different from the cocktail waitress), dealer (no pooling of tips in this joint!!) and sometimes other players??? When I played at Commerce last there was a strange Chinese tradition at my table of sharing your good fortune (winning) with players near your by throwing a buck to nice players seated near you.

Good luck