View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Continuation of my bad Stud/8 thread, question

[ QUOTE ]
So what I'm really asking for is the overall population ratio of "good" to "bad" players, approximately, and also what hands I can expect a "bad" player to raise with, on average. This is clearly going to be pretty unscientific, part of my point is simply that I shouldn't guess this player is reasonable right off the bat. But I'd also like to get some subjective guesses about all this from players who play in that game more often than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only playing in that game exactly one time so I definitly dont have a good sense of what type of opening standards one could have with a 9 door card. I agree that a good player usually should only be raising in that spot with KK,AA or 999, but I also think there are probably a lot of bad players raising with QQ and JJ. So I guess I would probably re-raise given this exact situation. 999 seems unlikely and AA isnt that huge of a favorite. There are some other variables that may affect your desicion(in a generalized sense) that come into play but I am sure you are aware of them. If you are getting value in the long run against a random opponent, it is probably very thin. I would also work on getting read on the player in question !! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I would also like to thank you for reminding me of the nightmare that was my Business Statistics class. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]