View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night

[ QUOTE ]
He did not react that way to anyone else in previous hands. I myself was quiet as a mouse up to that point. Without knowing me, (jakethebake can vouch) I am not a boisterous person by any means, especially when playing poker. I keep to myself at the tables other than some friendly chit chat now and then.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who generally stays very quiet at the tables, I can say from experience that this is probably one thing that influenced him to pick on you. Much like the bullies in middle school target the meekest kids, so do the assholes of the adult world focus on people they deem to be easy targets.

My general reply is to either ignore the person or, in the rare case the [censored] seems inclined to repeat the behavior, is to take subtle jabs at the person. Yes, it's passive aggressive (something I'm usually not, by any means) but I've found it's more successful than the 'fight fire with fire' approach, which will just result in bigger arguments and the "let's take this outside," lines.

Stay calm and composed. A couple well-timed comments that get others at the table laughing really does seem to deflate their egos in a hurry.