View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: People expect a mistake free war?

[ QUOTE ]
But the atrocities are important as they are a part of war. War changed forever with Vietnam because now the people back home were able to see with their own eyes what was going on. Americans watched in horror as the embassy in Saigon was nearly overrun and they cried with the victims of the My Lai massacre. Television has brought the war into America where it never was before. We sent our boys overseas and assumed everything was okay. There were parades when they came home and the only taste of the war abroad were pictures of the pretty French girls giving flowers to their heroic liberators. Now they see everything and that is war too. Add to that the fact that nobody can adequately explain that the cause is just, makes it that much more difficult to say "war is easy." War is never easy, it's not easy for the innocent victims, it's not easy for the mothers and fathers and it certainly isn't easy for those on the battlefields.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I didn't say, "The Iraq war is easy." I said that COMPARED TO MOST OTHER WARS it's easy.

Let's say you have to run 7 miles in the hot sun, or freezing rain. Well, it won't be easy. But COMPARED TO RUNNING A MARATHON IN A BLIZZARD, it's easy.