View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 04:50 PM

Default The classic battle: Marijuana should it legalized?

Well should it?

Maybe not, even thou I enjoy smoking the green sticky stuff I dont wont my kids smoking it or do I condone smoking it while driving. It does impair your judgement I know this because I smoke it. I dont think it impairs as much as alcohol(sp) but still there is a affect in judgement.

If it is not legalized maybe it should be decriminalized. When was the last time you saw a pot head go out and beat someone because he was high on the grass. Yet with alcohol it happens daily(just go to bar). I find it hard to understand why a person can be placed on a probation system then end up in jail for a period of time because they where smoking the rope.

Are the American jails not over populated right know anyway? Maybe thats just it though, I could not find the info. anywhere but we all know the Fed. govt. pays a certian amount per inmate per day to the facility in questions. So jails are being run like a business know days, and the bottom line of a business is profit. CCA comes to mine when I think of jails being run to make a profit.

But most of the jails the house marijuana violators are county jails and need this money. So they will lock up someone for 6 months for a joint. Now this person gets out of jail on a probation term and is in the system. He messes up again he/she is back in jail. Then there kids notice mom or Dad isnt around and they end up in a life a crime. Now we have a cycle, all this start over a joint. This of course is a worst case sceniro.

What about the jobs the local police agency create to stop pot? Marijuana Task Force. BS, they dont want pot legalized for these reasons. The drug cratels dont wont pot legalized eithere. For this would ruin there bottom dollar. So it makes me wonder who is in bed with who?