View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Semi Bluff Mastery is the Key Thing

It's a very interesting question. What is the essential skill in poker that makes someone great.

First of all there are many pro's with different strengths/weaknesses but I think that there are two main skills that separate the men from the boys and they are;

1. Reading. The ability to read is so huge. It tell you when to make that great laydown. When to call that all in. When to semi-bluff and bluff and when not to. It also tell you when to change gears and timing is everything !!!

2. Calculation. This will give you a good understanding of starting hands (not just a good memory of the latest chart) and position. Also it will allow you to spot good +ev plays and avoid -ev plays.

I think these two skills in concert are very hard to pass up when discussing the essential skills of poker. If these two skills are strong then you will be a great semi-bluffer but you will be much more than that. The semi-bluff is just one play in your vast arsenal. And for me thats the big point semi-bluffing is just one play not hte defining skill of a great master of the game

Very intersting topic though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]