View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 10:55 PM

Default finally got one just right?

80-160 commerce good must move 3rd game. full table. i have QQ in the bb. 2 off the button openraises. i dont know him but he seems to play too many hands and play too passively. folded to me and i 3 bet, he calls.

i bet the flop dark. it's 872 rainbow. he calls.

i bet the turn dark. it's a T. there's a little glint of hope in his eye when he sees the card and calls. btw one great thing about betting in the dark is you can focus completely on your opponent's face at the moment they first see the new card.

i wait to see the river card before betting. i dont want to see a J, T, 9, or 6 pop up and then have bet dark and have him raise me. that doesnt mean i wont bet any of those cards it just means i want to see what comes before deciding what to do.

it's an 8. i now realise that he will see my waiting to bet as weakness so i check. plus i think he has a T. so he calls for time and starts getting this cocky look on his face and he asks me "AK eh?" and i just tap the table as a check again and dont say anything. he bets, i checkraise his ass, and he autocalls. mhig.

did i finally get one right from start to finish?