Thread: $50 PLO8 hand
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: $50 PLO8 hand

[ QUOTE ]
Not this A2s. It's getting a playable flop with positive expectation less than 10% of the time (and then just barely). And five callers are bad for your likely equity, not good. You'll just about never make a decent high with this hand and you're likely splitting for low if it does come (or getting counterfeited). I believe you're directly losing money by raising this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure +EV less than 10% of the time? Next, you're also discounting the effect of bluffing the flop in position. Or you can take a free card if it's checked to you. There are several good reasons to raise this hand. No it's not a premium hand. Yes, it could be better. But it's still a hand worth raising in position.

[ QUOTE ]
This is NOT a hand to wait and see if the turn is a safe card. Your equity is unlikely to increase past its current point with another card.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's incorrect. It will increase, and significantly so, depending on your opponents' cards. In either case, I've already said I don't think it's a bad play either way.