View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: You know you\'re a child of the 60\'s when ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You got laid during the Original Summer of Love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm Not only did I get laid during the original Summer oif Love, I got married. I hung out in the Haight and ate dinner with the Hell's Angels at Robbie's on Telegraph in Berkeley. Lets's just say that their dinner conversation was less than gentlemanly. I was watching the California primary returns in California when Bobby Kennedy was shot. I remember the murders of Bobo Till and Schwerner, Goodman, and Cheney. Not so seriously, I was watching when Dick Clark did his very first Bandstand (it wasn't yet American Bandstand)--he was pressed into service when the guy who had the gig was busted for pimping the little girls from West Catholic High who danced on the show. My husband and I debated going to Woodstock--and didn't. He got gassed on the steps of the Pentagon and lived in a nudist commune in California. And we smoked a lot of dope.....

The 50s and 60s were interesting times to be young--and not because of the crappy sitcoms on the tube.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dudette, true that. You prolly remember "Winky Dink and You" though, the first interactive TV show. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My older sisters danced on Bandstand, but they were Camden Catholic ho's. Was in biology class when JFK went down. I wanted to do the Woodstock thing but the army wouldn't let me leave, most of my draft-dodging buddies made the trip. I think I grew up in the best of times, like everyone should.