View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: How to handle a pissed off dealer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You know what, as a dealer i don't get upset if a player doesn't tip me on a pot. That seems real petty to me.

But as a player I don't get upset if the cards don't land directly in my hand and I have to reach out a little to get them. Seems really petty to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

And as a player, I think the "Dealers can do no wrong" posts from dealers don't help the situation.
Read his post.
It was clear that the dealer was tossing short.
Not as an accident.
Face facts. There are some incompetent, petty, rude, and otherwise "bad" dealers out there. And when dealers like you come to their defense, it shows that you really don't care about the job, just the tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not defending the Dealer. I'm just pointing out that that having your cards dealt short is not quite the worst thing that can happen to you at a table.

My doing so is not an indication that I don't care about my job. I care greatly about doing my job to the best of my ability and my tips have suffered for that.

I've said the dealer here was being petty. The thing is that I've seen to many big problems come petty retailiation for petty carp. It starts to feed of itself and it grows. Last Saturday night I had a near brawl break out between three players over the most of things, but each had to have the last word. It seems to me much more productive to shrug of the petty passive aggressive crap that gets thrown at you then to even give it a second thought.