Thread: 3/6 TPNK
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 07:32 PM

Default 3/6 TPNK

I usually play NL, but I'm trying to expand. The players at 1/2 and 3/6 are terrible so I don't really find many interesting hands to post. I'm not sure that this one is either really.

CO openraises, Button calls, SB folds, I call in the BB with J9s. Both of my opponents seem like pretty typical 3/6 players. Not tight, not loose, not passive, not aggressive, not good, not bad. Just typical.

Flop is JTx rainbow. I check, CO bets, Button calls, I call.

Turn is x. I check, CO checks, Button bets, I call, CO calls.

River is x. I bet.

One of the things I still need to fix in my limit game is checkraising to protect marginal hands. On the turn it looked like CO was checking his overcards, and Button was betting any sort of hand, which I was probably ahead of. I felt like I should checkraise there, but I couldn't quite pull the trigger (side note: when I first tried playing 1/2 six max, I lost quite a bit just overplaying marginal hands, so I'm trying to find the appropriate level of aggression... once my play calmed down I did quite well). I bet the river since I figured if my hand was good it would probably get checked around, but typical 3/6 players will call on the end with a lot of worse hands.

So I am primarily concerned with the turn, but I'm open to advise on all streets. And I'm more concerned with *why* to do something than simply hearing "that's standard."