View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: 10-20 commerce .... amazing flop......with stupid hand

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah so i have a tight table image and have about $3000 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and i'm in MP.....and bored.....so i decided to get cute.

EP limps, Hero raises to 80, Button calls, BB calls, limper calls (ok time to give up the hand...right? wrong.)

Flop ($330)
Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me I bet $200

Anyone just check this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would check acting afraid of the paired queens especially with 3 people checking ahead and wait for the action on the turn, hoping someone else doesn't make a boat. I would check because if someone has AQ/KQ you're getting your money into the pot no matter where you are in the hand (flop/turn/river) as long as a scare card doesn't come. A scare card might also help out one of the other 3 players, so right now, there are only 3 outs that can hurt you to make a bigger boat and 2 outs (a 4 or runner runner higher paired boared) to chop.

Nobody in the hand has Aces or Kings. Kings would've definitely re-raised and only the button MIGHT have Aces. I figure with 3 other people in the hand, someone may have a pocket pair and/or the flush draw so I'll check behind letting them hit their card(s). This is definitely a great pot for a suited connector to join in. So I figure the limper may have something of the sort of a suited/ connector or a small-mid pocket pair. If someone has a queen, it may be button or BB and I doubt limper would have QJ.

However, if I do bet, I make more of a feeler bet of about 1/2-2/3 the pot. A queen may then raise you trying to protect the flush draw and the flush draw will call. Hell, you may even get a bluffer raising the pot nicely trying to represent the queen. Anyways, you'll find out who has the queen or not.