View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: My last NL post for a while

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, the problem with the c/r here is that it is basically a bluff, and there is no way to get to showdown with the best hand (vs. any thnking opponent anyway)

However, if PFR is very likely to fire out a continuation bet, this move works often enough that it is definately +EV. Of course this is an "any two card" kind of play.

Also, when you check/fold for the rest of the hand, it gives you good Shania for future flop check/raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
The bottom line and the thing that I need to work on is that lately I am afraid of getting raised. There, I said it. I like being the one driving the betting and forcing the decisions... and when people put me to a decision.... well, then I have a chance to screw something up and get outplayed one way or the other. I guess part of this comes from running bad and making the "wrong" decisions even though they may be good in the long run. And now I am all backwards.

Maybe I will pound down a few gin and tonics before I play to get over this fear that has popped up. Nothing like treating one vice with another [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-tpir