View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Dealing with Swings

To the best of my knowledge, I've never posted nor read in this forum. So, if this type of post is like the "20k stats, how am I doing?" posts in the SS Forum that make me want to hurl, lock this up.

I've plenty experience in the game, as I've got about 600k hands under my belt now.

I'm having a hard time getting to an even emotional state when playing the game. When I'm running good, I feel wonderful about the game. I feel like it's what I deserve.

However, when I'm losing 200-300 BB, I just hate the game, and wonder why God hates me as an individual.

I don't think this effects my play (though I could be wrong), as even when I'm running poorly, I still feel I'm playing well. So I don't believe tilt is much of an issue for me. Nor do I believe, in general, that having a winning or losing day effects my personality or the way I interact with others.

I'm just sick of allowing myself to go on these emotional roller coasters. I always tell myself, "Play hopeless poker." Then, when I go on a real [censored] run, I say "who cares, everyone has them, I've had a billion of them. It turns around every time." Then, the suckouts keep coming, and I say "I welcome suckouts. It's for the good of the game." But, inside me, there's still turmoil, and it grows with every succeeding suckout.

I should be past this, but I'm not.

Any helpful tricks or anything from others who have overcome this nonsense?