View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 09:37 AM

Default My thinking and result

I checked the flop because I was almost 100% certain the CO would bet. I was prepared to go all-in but with his small bet I wanted to try and trap him for more so I raised it by T1,200. I thought this would be enough for the BB to lay down a draw and little enough for him and the CO to carry on if either did indeed have a Queen and good kicker.

Too little? Should I just be thinking of winning the pot right now?

This basically committed me too the pot, something I think the BB was aware off but I have my doubts about the CO.

Result

BB came over the top all-in. CO folds. I call but have a sinking feeling. BB had 77 for bottom set and I got no help on the turn or river.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and obviously with it I would just lose the small blind. But I think I played this OK. Anyone fold pre-flop? Is my thinking sound overall or could I have not busted here? I have this nagging doubt that the BB may have layed this down if I had gone all-in, he hesitated long enough for me to think he thought about it. My table image was very tight - mainly because I had had no cards.

Thanks for all your replys