View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Re: What content should be censored from the politics forum?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While I have no interest in discussing pedophilia a whole lot

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The morality of pedophilia clearly qualifies on both counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this is the only subject you mention regarding being off-limits, then your first quote doesn't ring true. And while discussing consensual sex between an adult and a 15 year old isn't in the same league as those who abuse young children, it still is discussing illegal activity with underage children/adolescents and shouldn't be tolerated. And it's not just a matter of legisaltion. And morality does matter, especially regarding children.

Grow up and seek a mature relationship with someone who is emotionally mature which a 15 year old girl isn't. And don't whine about just 1 taboo topic which is not indicative of a wider range of such topics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstood my post. The only reason pedophilia was mentioned at all was because that was the topic of the thread that was locked. I was making the point that issue X was a political issue and yet the thread was locked, is this how the forum should be handled?

I have not expressed my personal views on pedophilia here at all (note that I did not participate in the original thread either). The fact that you want to discuss pedophilia does show that the issue is a valid political issue and again raises the question of why the original thread was locked.

Feel free to discuss either forum censorship standards or pedophilia as you like.