View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Get with the program

[ QUOTE ]
What type of content do you think should be prohibited from discussion in this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
"Personal help" questions, such as "What should I do now that my GF dumped me", should be disqualified and re-directed towards OOT. Poker-related (but purely poker-related) issues, as well.

Probability, mathematics, religion, philosophy, and science, should be confined to the appropriate pages, in general. But osmosis between the SMP and Politics pages should be allowed, because a lot of philosophical/scientific issues can be political, as well.

Apart from all that, everything goes.

Paedophilia would be an excellent subject for discussion, btw, either in SMP or here, if the context is right. It's up to the bartenders (sorry, the moderators!) to make the call.

[ QUOTE ]
What makes something a political issue worthy of discussion or not?

[/ QUOTE ]
The level of responses usually indicates the level of interest for a discussion.

But some posts that start a thread get a lot of viewings but few responses. Lack of responses does not necessarily mean that the post is not appropriate for this page.

[ QUOTE ]
Is the politics forum a place where one should expect a more free and open tolerance of opinion and heated disagreement based on the very nature of the forum's topic?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely.

Cursing and flame-throwing are part of the scene.

Here is even a rule I propose for this page : Any poster who goes a month without using a censorable word in the Politics Page is prohibited from posting there for the next month!

Get with the program, fellas.