View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Failed attempt(s) at stealing.....

(afterthoughts)

When you're stealing, it has to look logical to the villian that you have what you are representing. So stealing on the flop with a checkraise, says I have trips, pay me off. On the range of hands villian may be playing, here is where he most likely lays down a high PP or overs.

Now, your call on the flop, tells him you have a piece of the flop and want to see how this hand develops and you're not sure you believe that he has what he is representing. But, you've also limited how you can effectively steal, because you have to represent something better than what he has, and that's going to be based on the cards to come.

6 comes, and you bet. What is villian thinking? Villian: How did this six help him? Would Hero have called my flop bet with 66? Is he in the hand this far with 5-8 or 8-10? I suppose he could be being tricky with a set of 4's, 7's or 9's, so I should be careful. Semibluffing one of the flush draws on the board? Doubtful. But, as I would have probably bet around this amount anyway if Hero checked, I will just call here and see what happens.

And then the river bet was doomed. Because of the previous action, it didn't add up for villian. Even if he has KK here, I think if he ponders it he would probably call you. Good hand though to post, nice one to learn from.