View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: 3/6---9 fish table......don\'t sit down?

The variance at these tables are extremely high. As long as you have the bankroll to back up yourself, you should have no problems. Last night, I was on a 2/4 online table where some fish was raising and reraising EVERY flop. After a while, we were getting 6-way capped action preflop on 2 of 3 hands. I found myself tightening even more, and trying to avoid hands I'd like to limp with, like low pocket pairs or suited connectors. I finally found KK and lost a 30 BB pot to a rivered A from the fish. I lost the 25 BB I sat down with in about an hour, but decided to buy back in for another 25 BB. After about an hour and a half more, I had won the 25 BB I originally lost back, and was up an additional 13.5 BB. The pots won in those games were gigantic, as I think the average was 12 BB.

The point is that not only do these players give their money away, they tend to loosen up a majority of the players on the table, which creates more dead money. Seek these games out, but be prepared for the swings. You could easily go up 30 BB right away, but you could just as easily drop 30 BB. As long as you maintain a tight-aggressive game isolating the fish, these games can be HIGHLY profitable.