View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Re: 99 overpair out of position on $100NL 6max

[ QUOTE ]

Against someone I suspect must have some semblance of an actual hand, I might check the turn and lead the river, folding to a raise (especially if a straight card hits).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to check but this won't tell me anything more about Villain's hand. I'm sure he would see my check as weakness, an indication that my flop action was a lame continuation bet. I fear he would throw a pot sized bet at me, practically forcing me to fold (would anybody go over the top if he did? I wouldn't have the balls).

In fact I bet around half - $15 into a ~$27 pot, and after a little bit of thinking villain minraises to $30.

The situation just got a lot uglier. Now I've managed to get myself into a pretty big pot with this fragile (if not already broken) holding.

Folding this when it's only $15 to call the ~$73 pot just feels wrong (is it??). Calling feels too weak. I feel the urge to push allin here but why would I want to go broke with 99? Since I'm so unsure of where I stand, I think I should just lay it down here, and accept that from a pot-control point of view, played this horribly.

Perhaps a limp-call preflop and check-fold to any bet on a nineless flop would've been the best play after all. Yet it feels so weak...