View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Using ALL CAPS doesn\'t strengthen your position

[ QUOTE ]
In that thread you linked I advocated no such thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's put your cheering of Mr. "dove season" aside for a moment (we'll get back to it at the end of the post). As your justification for banning, you stated that that you never had advocated violence against Americans as part of your explanation as to why Jokerswild's statement was "defamatory".

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, you are greatly stretching the definition of violence.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

1. "Physical force exerted for the purpose of violating, damaging, or abusing" . . . 4. Abusive or unjust exercise of power

[/ QUOTE ]
--American Heritage College Dictionary 1531 (4th Ed. 2002)

So you say. I say that you are mistaken.

[ QUOTE ]
In another thread I did suggest something deportation but not violence in certain cases (regarding certain visa holders or immigrants, which I will address below).

[/ QUOTE ]

Specifically, you advocated the deportation of not only "visa holders", but naturalized citizens. Right?

The rest of your post depends on the deporting of citizens for speech not being deemed a violent act. As set forth above I believe that you are wrong. Now, this disagreement can be characterized as one about an objective fact (the meaning of "violence") or as one of opinion regarding whether deporting citizens under the circumstances you describe is "abusive" or "unjust". But what my statement cannot be described as is "defamatory".

And neither can jokerswild's, for similar reasons. You own him an apology for the banning. He might well owe you one for the content of his post, but that is neither here nor there. Your banning of him was an abuse of power.

P.S. I see that jaxmike made several replies to my posts. Someone please remind him that I have him on "ignore".