View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Strong Start, wicked twist

I don't think it is really all that clear. Your check behind on the turn is a serious show of weakness, and he might have decided that he could take it away with his 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Basically, you have induced a bluff, so you don't want to fold to one, at least not every time. Therefore, if I know whether or not the villain bluffs too often, I would call or not based on that.

From your stats, it looks like villain would have bet out on the flop with top pair, so I have trouble putting him on a ten. I could easily believe that he had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and he really thinks he is good here.

Basically, I hate the situation you are in and I would have tried to avoid it in the first place. I think that I would have put in a medium bet, say $25, on the turn. If he check-raises, fold. If he calls and bets out on the river, then fold unless it is a very small bet. If he calls and checks the river, check behind.