View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Analysis of my new aggressive play (Well thought, 12 hands, long)

[ QUOTE ]
I am writing this part of the post without looking at your hands yet: You have the absolutely right idea but the wrong application. Mostly, the issue is that you are trying to LAG it up in a $5 tourney, representing big hands when people's thought processes go 'I have an ace, I'll call' on a flop of KT8. Don't do this. For your purposes, gambling just means things like taking coinflips for small chunks of your stack or getting huge odds; that will be far more helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what would you have me do in these tournaments where people say "I have an ace. Im going to call." Do you suggest a TAG style of play? It just seems like everytime I do use a TAG style I finish just outside of the money or just make it.

[ QUOTE ]
1)The call is actually not THAT bad solely because you have the button behind 3 limpers (though T8s is vastly better.) If you don't know how to play this hand well postflop, though, it's bad. So anyway, you bet the pot on a paired board with 5 people in it when it got checked to you and turned a flush draw into 72o because you couldn't call a raise. Don't do that and just take your free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying that the hand was good up to that point? I had two overcards to the board as well as a flush draw. But when I bet it and got reraised my hand turned to a junk hand that I had to raise.

[ QUOTE ]
6: Bad beat post, don't do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not trying to say its a bad beat. My aces get beat from time to time and I can live with that. But what I was asking was that if I had played this any other way, could I have won? In the hand I talk about just flat calling him and then pushing it on the flop. Maybe he would think me for a flush or kings. Would he then be able to call an all in call with just middle pair in his hand a flush draw?

[ QUOTE ]
12: Frankly I would just push this perfect flop; the pot is big and you want it. PF, you're calling off 10% of your stack with very little against people who will not fold (you should've learned this from hand 11 BTW) if they hit anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean go all in on the flop here?