View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Cigars, Politics and Freedom (in that order)

[ QUOTE ]
They are not illegal in Europe and they are expensive there. Its a status thing, and people are willing to pay $30 for a cigar because it will make them look cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

What can I say? I guess I wouldn't put this past the europeans. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As for me, I live a very solitary life (by choice), I enjoy at least one hand made cigar every day after dinner, together with a full bottle of wine. I don't mind paying $50 or even $100 for a bottle of wine, as long as it is good, in the same way that I don't mind paying $30 or $50 for a cigar. They both have similarity of uniqueness, richness and progressing taste variation as they get consumed. I do it purely for the hedonistic view point. The only people that may be impressed are the people collecting my glass refuse every fortnight and that process is automated, so I doubt they will see it.

Enjoy kipin [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and let me enjoy it too without attributing other reasons for my behaviour. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OTOH, I know some people of the ilk you are describing. They are a bore, usually have no taste, and whether or not, they consume something good is usually a matter of luck.