View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: A few hands for critique...

All of these look good. Hands 2,3 and 4 are pretty damn standard- any alternative lines on them would have only marginally different expectations, IMO, so there isn't really much to say about them. hand 1, however, intrests me a lot. here:

Hand 2:

What, exactly, is the question here? how the hell else does one play this? maybe try to C/R the flop... maybe.

Hand 3:

Again... *yawn*... you built a pot with aces, flop was good for you- aces might still be good, but you have an open ender too. he's not gonna fold his last $5 in a $15 pot ($20 when it gets to him if you bet).

Hand 4:

yes, good fold. the second six likely counterfeited your two pair, and his aces are good unless you hit a 4-6 outer, which you aren't getting the odds to draw at.

Hand 1: This one is intresting. i would like to hear other's thoughts on my assesment of the hand.

There are times to fold a flopped nut straight in PLO.

well... you got all your money in with the nut straight on a rainbow flop... which is generally a good thing... BUT, you have very weak redraws (the K protects you against a Q coming and blowin' yer straight, but not a J, 7 or 9, the backdoor flush draw isn't very valuable). Given the action, i think you can be pretty sure that someone else has the same straight made- but they likely have better redrwas... you are in a world of hurt against a hand like QJ97 or 789T... So, you may be (and probably are) up against a wrap that has you in big trouble- you may be lucky to get half the pot here.

but i don't think this is one of 'em

When the SB pots the flop, you've gotta re-pot, imo... and if it had folded back to him and he re-potted, i would've folded... but there's just too much dead money in there to give it up that easily.

i really like the big huge bet on the end... i read the CO as holding a set, and you have sucessfully protected your hand with the bet.

bottom line: i play it the same, though i'm not happy about it.