View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: 90% sure I\'m getting semibluffed

your hand is very, very disguised. Problem with a three bet is he's still dropping almost every worse hand (made hands wise) except a QQ or type hand that got tricky and convinced himself he underrepresented a hand on his flop check.

Equity wise, if you think he picked up hearts or a straight draw or some combo draw, it may be better to win the pot now.

I generally always pop back preflop, only because I pop back with less then stellar holdings alot, but given you didnt... Tough spot!

I would NOT fold, a fold would mean he either had 67s (possible) and checked a rainbow board for fear of c/r, or 89/set that checked a dry board and raised a near blank. Or AA of course. I think all of these hands bet the flop, depending on table dynamic and the pfr.

If you call, ~240 pot, effective stack will be 580 for the river. If you think he would do this for free showdown - like A8 or T9 - I'd call and block almost every river for a moderate bet. (Not small enuogh to seem like a blocker or obvious value bet, but not too big enough to not give good bluff catching odds)