View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Post flop play help

Hey Jac, and welcome to the boards.

Please don't hesitate to post hands, no matter how many hands you've played. Not only will you find it beneficial, but it also helps the community as a whole by forcing us to think of how we'd play in the same situation.

Also, and I don't think anyone has mentioned this - there may very well be no problem with your play. You haven't played very many hands yet, and it is entirely possible that you are just running bad now. If you posted some hands that you have questions about, you might be able to identify some of your leaks (if you even have any).

It is great that you are studying SSHE and these boards; they really are GREAT resources for improving your game. Give it time and put in your work and I am sure you will crush the micros before you know it.

Finally, I'm an accountant, too, and I would love to know the secret of how you got your wife to play! I've been trying to get my fiancee interested for about 3 years now, and I haven't had any success.

In any event, good luck to both of you - I'm sure you'll get it sooner rather than later.

Brian.

[Edit] - oops - one more thing ... With all due respect to the fellow posters, I think it's a very bad idea to skip the nanos. Moving up to 'avoid suck outs and rocks' won't fix any of your leaks. Stay where you are and pay for your lessons as cheaply as possible. The players stink, but you learn the same things as you would at higher limits (only for a lot less $).