View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Oh the shame....

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad this hand isn't an easy play for the most of us. Had it been off suit, I'da dropped it hard. But with it being suited, I didn't think folding was correct, and I didn't think raising was correct, so I called. I think that was right. Finding out how much UTG+2 liked his hand was not on my mind, but it will be from now on. Very good point.

When I called, I obviously was looking for spades, what I got was a gutshot that could likely be a chop. I hit my hand on the turn and got check raised, so I guess my question is, how bout the river call? Is it worth it? I think I could be up against another AQ, but it could be JJ-AA too. Anyway, that's all read dependent so I guess it doesn't matter. Ed says call, you have top pair for heavens sake, so I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that worries me is that SB saw an early position raise saying "hay my hand is pretty good," then saw two callers saying "eh I might be able to outdraw you or hold up, I dunno," and is now saying "screw you all, I'm going to stomp you." He's 3-betting into four players plus yourself and is just screaming that he has a hand. The fact that he's pretty tight narrows it further--Probably AA-TT, AK and AQ at best.

As for the river call...I'm going to get flamed to hell and back for this but really...what is this guy holding that we could possibly beat? AK doesn't have much business 3-betting the flop, much less checkraising the turn. AQ even moreso on the flop. TT would be just silly at this point, so whatever we're hoping for him to hold would be severely overplayed. Sure, I'd call for sanity's sake, but I think we're getting money out of this pretty close to 0% of the time. It's fairly obvious to me he has AA, KK or QQ; which one was it?