View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: One line doesn\'t fit all...

[ QUOTE ]
The turn is a rainbow-completing Jack. I bet. Evan raises. I 3-bet. Evan folds.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I hate the raise and fold to a 3-bet on this board. You've bet out twice on a coordinated board, one which could easily hit a SB complete type of hand. When the J hits, Evan is either now way ahead, or still way behind.

The third player makes things complicated a little bit. If I felt like it looks like he's going to fold, and I'm going to fold to a 3-bet if I raise, then I'd much rather use those 2 BB's to just get to showdown. He may miss out on some value for the times that you'll call a turn raise, and a river bet. But his hand has some showdown value, and I'd like to get there in this case for the same price as raising and folding to the 3-bet.

If the third player is going to likely come along, then that changes things. In this case, it may still be worth just calling if this guy is likely drawing thin or dead, between the two of you.

Anyway, I see people advocate that raise and fold to a 3-bet on the turn line all of the time, and I really think it only applies to certain situations. I don't think this is one of them.