View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: How do you put in the hours?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey I sorta understand what you mean. For the longest time I would just play 8 $22's a day, and crush'em for a good profit. I had no desire to play more, or less and was content. I was constantly thinking I should play more to see if I can keep up my rate, and make more money.

Eventually I just started playing more multi table tournaments, and that's where I am today.

Try to learn a new game, limit omaha hi/lo is great, or you could try out tournaments. Poker's great cause of the variety, try something new!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Learning a new game while I continued to play No Limit Hold Em really made me play for more hours. Now when I have learned how to play good limit poker I change between the two styles and its great since I can easily sit for sessions above 2k hands and never get bored, just wanting to play more and more.

But if you can't play more than 2 hours in a row don't play anymore. It will just affect your game. Play for 2 hours, go for a walk or something you enjoy, then come back feeling the urge to want to play some more. That helps alot too. I go and play some XBox or go visit a friend if I ever find myself bored of the game. We usually end up talking poker and that really get me the urge back.