View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: PokerStars VIP Status

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Compare that to their NL rake structure in comparison to their competitors (aka Party).

0% for $.50/$1
0% for $1/$2
0% for $2/$4
0% for $3/$6
0% for $5$10

Best regards,

APerfect10

[/ QUOTE ]

Not *entirely* correct but essentially yes. On Stars a $2 pot is only raked 5c, but on Party it is raked 10c. Reason being that Party rake the total pot size including the rake already taken but we don't. It's a very small difference, but a difference none-the-less!

Rom

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification. Here are my direct rake comparison numbers for $1/2 NL from Stars vs Party.

Actual Rake Paid
Party 103,404 hands, $6.96/100 hands
Stars 39,500 hands, $6.87/100 hands

Total MGR
Party $10.20/100 hands
Stars $12.24/100 hands

Please explain how Stars is raking more than 1 PTBB per 100 hands than Party? The numbers are actually very discouraging to me. Once again, PokerStars really needs to implement something for NL players.

Best regards,

APerfect10

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how I feel. I recently switched from Empire to Stars because Stars is a bit bigger and games have been easier to find. I was not concerned about lack of rakeback because I've read that the rake is lower at Stars compared to Empire. What I did not realize is that this only applies for limit, where I naively assumed this was across the board.

I for the most part do like Stars, but without something comparable to rakeback for NL players (or a similar lower rake), I can't see myself (or any other serious NL player) playing at Stars.