View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Incorrect application of the Spicy F theorum?

Yea I think that's not a good play. I like to raise the turn and play the kings similar to the way you play them to make sure someone that bets top pair into me all the time after I raise preflop will evenetually be punished but with your bet on the river you really have to anaylize the situation a little bit better. If he is betting a Queen into you, you've already sacrficed the final bet on the river and are conceeding him that at the very least, same situation if he has a set or slowplayed aces.... But if you have him beat here, (pocket tens, ace sevem, and many other hnads) there are only a small percentage of hands that you will have beat that he will call with. So most of the time your raise will be just giving away money. Plus if he decides to get ultra aggro, he may make you muck the best hand..... There is no reason to put any raise in on the river. You need to remember to ask yourself why you raise, it should usually be one of the following critearia either to get a worse hand to pay off your hand, or to try to represnt a strong hand and get an opponent to fold the winning hand... either situation is not likely at all. If you put a read on him and don't think he has a queen or (for whatever reason) you watn to try to get a small queen to fold, you need to raise the turn, at least at that poitn your drawing live, and you can force out some hands you might not want in the pot like (slow played aces) even though i still think raising the turn without an amazing read is just too sloppy. -Andrew