View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: PLO high vs. PLO8

One point that hasn't been mentioned, but should be considered is why do you play. What are your long term goals? If you are playing mostly for fun, with no intention to move up limits, then it doesn't really matter, although plo8b will provide less swings in that case.

If you want to move up in limits then ultimately plo8b hits a brick wall. To say its a dying game at higher limits would not be true. It died a year ago. There is no high action on Stars, which used to be its home. There is tiny action on Party, especially considering that at the 2k level, there are normally more than twice as many ring games for PLO. I haven't played the 2k plo8b there in some time, but in general 2k ring games always end up stinky, as the bad players burn out. Back when plo8b was my mainstay, I *never* saw a big game survive a long period of time. And this is over many years, back when big was the 1-2 on UB. Furthermore the game is almost never played live anywhere. The opportunity for PLO play is, and always will be, much greater.

gl

dd