View Single Post
Old 06-30-2003, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Advice for playing two different tables at once?

I routinely play two tables at once. As far as advice, I would offer a couple of things. First, you need to know what you are going to do in almost every situation. This is simple preflop if you just have your starting hand selection down pat. Secondly, if you have two great hands at once, don't feel bad about taking your time. Of course, how much time does it take to hit the raise button?

Playing two tables probably does take away some of the people reading, but it allows you to play twice as many hands! That is twice as many good situations or twice as many chances for your opponents to make mistakes. You have to make good mathematical decisions i.e. calling/folding based on pot odds.

BIG IF HERE!!!!!!

IF you are a winning player playing one table, you should be able win more playing two tables. If you are not beating a single table game yet, I would not try to play two tables.

Hang in there, and practice until your reactions to virtually all situations are virtually reflex. That is when you'll be ready to play two tables at once.

Good luck,