View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Crucial $215 Hand

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think being in the $215 tilted you a little bit? I wouldn't be surprised if I were a little tilty at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilty? No...this was the only hand really that required any attention anyway. The only other one of consequence was when I had QQ and got allin vs. A9 and lost.

Did I enter the $215 b/c I was tilty? That's more likely but I think I'm just a pushover when TheUsher tells me to move up and/or 'take a shot' [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

I called on the river, btw....the hand wasn't played with any 'tilt'...although still could have been played very poorly by me. I was going off of what TheUsher's opinion of the opponent and hand was....I thought about the river bet for quite a while. I felt I was ahead enough of the time to call - it frankly seemed to large to be a value bet but not so large that my opponent couldn't then fold to a raise. If I had no hand, then pushing wasn't necessarily a bad idea, IMO. Turns out, to win the hand, I probably need to push the river anyway...altho I have no idea if this opponent was capable of then calling that push.

As far as playing or not playing the hand...I normally wouldn't play it. BUT, the read was that this opponent will limp/bet from the SB with a huge range. My t78 bet was supposed to be fishy....either garnering a call or fold. With either I figured I rated to be ahead with most rivers.

I'm pretty sure I posted this hoping Gigabet would see it, exclaim that I had potential to be a STT god, and invite me to Iowa for special training with him.

Oh well, guess it didn't work out according to plan, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Yugoslav