Thread: Ax in SB and BB
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 05:42 AM

Default Ax in SB and BB

Lately I have had problems with Ax in the blinds in 5/10 SH.

Is this ok?

SB
First in I raise with Axo, otherwise limp (thinking if noone raised my A maybe is ok). With only 1 limper I raise from something like A8o and up, depending on if BB is loose/good. Only 1 limper I raise Axs, 2 limpers I limp. I dont like coldcalling in SB but ATs and AJo and up would probably be a call. (or 3bet, depending)

BB
I fold something like A2o-A7o, depending on raising standards and other such things. I often also fold to a stealraise from CO, I dont like those naked As out of position headsup. I call buttonraise and, often, 3bet SB raise (depending). I normally call in BB with Axs. If there is an early raise and a couple of coldcaller I often fold anything below ATo, fearing domination. I still call with Axs, hoping for flush or 2pair.

I normally limp with Axo in SB and normally fold it in BB. I am thinking about raising more with only 1 limper in SB cause I want it headsup (but normally get it 3way anyway [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]). And I am not sure if folding those A5o and such in BB is always best move.