View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: 30-60 Stud 8 Hand

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it fine, I would probably just check fifth though because you are likely drawing to half now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
on 4th was the time to slow down against two possible fourcard low hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably limp on third. The primary reason for raising with big pairs on third street is to knock people out. Since almost everyone folded, you have much less incentive to raise. The limper isn't folding, and if the bring-in is inclined to fold on third, he'll probably fold on fourth anyway. I like to keep the pot small in this spot in case it comes down badly on fourth.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I fold on 3rd & 4th every time. BUT, I think you have to bet 6th and hope Seat 7 raises and knocks out Seat 1. Betting out on 5th was fine for the same reason. Checking 7th seems like the only play; can't see how you can call a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's amazing to me how many divergent opinions there are on this hand. Is this because there are tons of concievable ways to play an average, run of the mill hand like this? Or is stud8 that complicated? Is the proper strategy to simply nutpedal in this game at all times? Even against overaggressive players?

I totally understand everyone's thoughts on 5th. That bet sucked hard. I really like Andy's response about 3rd being a limp to wait and see what 4th brings...my stud high mentality kinda blinded me to that possibility. I think check-folding 4th might be the play here, but since I didn't know what to do, I went to my default and bet. Still learning stud8 and looking to learn more since this seems like a very good game on Stars lately (and may be incorporated into my live mixed games occassionally).

Does anyone else find it interesting how many different approaches people are offering to this hand? I though hi/lo was supposed to be easier. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeff