View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Proper handling of AA or Take it like a man :grin:

I think that you should've raised more preflop. A minraise is not going to get many people out of the hand and while you have the best hand preflop, with 5 callers or so... you are definitely not doing too well. Let's say that preflop you are 55% to win the hand vs five other hands, and all of the other hands only have 10% or so to win it. You still aren't winning a lot because you are only winning half the time. THis isn't the right math, i'm just saying that with so many callers and such a weak raise preflop, you are giving them odds to call and catch something. Summary, raise more preflop with your hands when you decide you are going to raise.

On the flop, after he reraises the flop, I don't think I'm raising all in. I think that calling and then leading the turn will give you more information. I know AA is hard to lay down but if he reraises the turn again, I'm pretty sure I'm behind. He may be on a draw, I've seen donks at this level call on gut shots... but even more so at this level, when a guy minraises you he can beat one pair.

I think that AA and KK are hard to lay down but you are going to lose a lot of money when you don't learn to do it.