Thread: Is this racism?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Is this racism?

I never had a taste for that brand of black comedy which relies heavily on a race, and mostly on bashing white people. There are some people who can do it and still be very funny (Chris Rock), but most of it falls flat on it's face in my eyes.

In the ghetto, there's an attitude of disdain and often hatred toward white people that I never understood as I was growing up (I had to deal with a lot of [censored] for looking like a white kid). I never agreed with reverse racism as a means of getting even, and since the few white people that I did know seemed to be very intelligent and open minded people, I didn't think there was anything current to get even for. As I've grown up and integrated myself in predominantly white communities, I've learned that this kind of ignorance is still prevalent on the other side as well. I've encountered tons of people who just seem to have no respect for other cultures, either because they still hold onto the same ethnocentric roots as those they have such distaste for, or because they're part of this... new thing which is so dominant among middle class white kids that I don't really know how to explain yet.