View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Caesar\'s IN New Pker room should be open Monday

I hope they DON'T spread a $100 max NL game. In the past, I've played in an uncapped 1-2NL game there (in the "old" poker room that had ~12 tables) and a 1-2NL game capped at $200 (in the "new" poker room). Both of those games were OK, but I much prefer the 2-5NL. I agree that the 2-5NL game is typically played with some very deep stacks (which I personally don't mind), but I still think it's better than a 1-2NL with a small cap (such as $100).

The time charge at Caesar's is $6 per half hour. Add in several $1 tips per hour, and you're easily losing (to the time charge and tokes) $15/hour, which is 15% of your buy-in EVERY HOUR. All the money gets raked right off the table. That sucks, in my opinion. Please at least think about this before lobbying for a game capped at $100 where something close to 15% of the money is taken off the table every hour. I enjoy the uncapped buy-in games, and I believe many others feel the same way. If you insist on a capped buy-in game, what about $200 or $300, where a lesser percentage of the money gets raked off the table?

Anyone else play in the big $2,600 NLHE tournament a few weeks ago? Anyone played in the new weekly tournaments?