View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: I don\'t get Stats - Homer\'s Streaks Spreadsheet - X-post

[ QUOTE ]
[I think the only debatable assumption in there is the hands per hour. I know lot's of folks would say 220 or 240 hands an hour. But there aren't a constant flow of great tables at 3/6 and with the switching around and whatnot, I think 180 hands an hour over the course of 278,000 hands for the year is probably pretty reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bulk of my PT data supports the 220-240 number. I play mostly nowadays at Poker Room skins, and their software is reasonable as far as speed i would say. Not quite as quick as Party, but still quite a bit faster than alot of the other software out there.

You make so other very good points too.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that something that poker tracker actually tracks? I'm not in front of it right now. I have no doubt that if you sat down and got on four tables and then didn't have to switch tables until you stopped playing that you'd get 220-240 hands an hour even at full tables. Its the switching tables that really drags that down.

Ok, assuming PT does actually track that and your data is accurrate I'd wonder if you're playing full time or not and limiting yourself to four tables or not (the more tables the less table switching lowers your average, and if your aren't full time, there may be more opportunity to play during peak times so less table switching might be necessary).

But lets assume you are so that your numbers hold up for a full time player. For your 2 BB/100 winner you're probably playing at least two sessions a day to make that over forty hours a week number. The time getting on the site and sitting on waiting lists before you even get playing has to be factored in to the amount of time you spend playing poker, and that would drag your hands per/hour average down a bit. And of course this factor is magnified at just four tables compared to eight.

However, you're right of course, that the hands per hour is the debatable part of my assumptions. But I still think, even using very optimistic assumptions, 50k a year at 3/6 is an incredible feat--not impossible, but very impressive. And a lot of work.

Although, again, I haven't fully accounted for the effect of rakeback and bonus's and if you can eight table the 3/6 for a decent winrate it becomes less difficult.

--Zetack