Thread: BB Bubble Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 02:00 PM

Default Re: BB Bubble Hand

[ QUOTE ]
It's fine.
He's either drawing, has two pair, or a boat.

I'd be hesitant to assume the latter as he'd normally bet the river, but then again you've shown strength throught the hand so a check-all-in isn't completely out of the question.

Two pair is just unlikely here due to the slim odds of hitting it.

A busted draw is by far the most likely holding here, followed by a boat, followed by two pair. (IMO)

Given that read, I wouldn't be betting anything on the river as the only hand that calls you is the hand that beats you. (ignoring the slim chance he's on 2 pair)

Alternatively, you can bet some small amount and force a 2-pair hand to make the crying call, which is what you did. Its a riskier play though as it gives the boat a chance to CR you all-in.

There's some advice! Unfortunately my ROI just dipped below 30% (!@#!$!@#$) so take it for what its worth.

EDIT: Flop and turn play are obviously fine. I rarely slowplay trips without a bulletproof read...especially here when there's a very good chance opponent is drawing and your hand can't afford to give a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I'm not trying to be an attention whore, but there seems to be a dwindling amount of hand discussion here, which is fine, but it's what I need right now.

From the way he was playing I put him on top pair, good kicker or possibly a pocket pair that was a "low" overpair (88, 99) or an actually low one that missed the flop but gave him draws. I really didn't even consider the possibility of a boat at the time, though now that you bring it up, if I had a boat, I would probably have kept calling myself and then raise all-in or C/R all-in on the river, which I gave him opportuinity to do. I'll have to think more about that next time.