View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Inside straight and flush draw - suggest a better line.

A limped pot with 6 players and you're first to act. You've got a str8 draw that would be nice if the bottom end hit as then you'd make the nut str8. If the 9 hits then you've got the bottom end. With 5 other players limping I wouldn't discount the possibility of someone limping with JTs, or even J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. You've got a flush draw to the low end. Think one of the 5 limpers left to act might have a better flush draw?

I understand that you're a 3-2 favorite to hit your draw, and that's great, but I don't see anything (yet)to indicate that you'll be good if you hit. Sure you can c/r all-in. You can do that with any two. Your comments give me the impression that you're determined to take this pot down.......and I'm guessing you can too. From your description noone call your flop bet.

Unless.........they've seen you do this before. My first thought when I see this move is the player does not want any callers. But, if this is just an occasional move that they haven't seen I'd put you down for a good steal.